With the finality to tutor and procure respect of the academic rights the university legislation grants students and professors, the University of Guanajuato has the University Attorney of the Academic Rights (PRUNIDA for its acronym in Spanish), an fully independent organ integrated by an Attorney holder and Deputies, designated by the Plenary Council of the University’s General Council, proposed by the general rector.
PRUNIDA has the faculty to know every act that affects the rights granted by the University’s Legislation.
They are students from the University of Guanajuato who satisfies the previous requirements defined by the programs or corresponding academic activities and formally obtain their enrollment.
Students should actively participate in the academic program to develop their critic and creative skills, sense of responsibility and commitment of the most elevated ethic values, in search of their comprehensive formation.
There are three categories:
- Of free courses
- Of extension
- Receive the foreseen academic information in respective plans and programs.
- Select and be selected to integrate several Government Organisms and in their case perform the representation charges conferred by conformity with the University Legislation.
- Receive advice and academic support regarding the programs from the University.
- Receive the corresponding programs at beginning of the course and be informed on the characteristics from the exams, as well as the instruments and elements that will be taken into account for the evaluation.
- Be examined by conformity with the contents of the plans and programs of their corresponding studies.
- Know the result from the exams on time and receive feedback on their academic progress.
- Participate in the activities of teaching, research and extension, according with their knowledge, aptitudes and under the nature of specific programs and projects.
- Access to health services and other services provided by the University that contribute in a better quality of life.
- Freely associate, with no more restrictions than abiding the University Legislation.
- Go to the University Attorney to safeguard their academic rights.
- Present initiatives before university instances that tend to improve the exercise of their functions.
- Participate in the procedures to obtain the scholarships granted by the University and receive back up to access the ones provided externally.
- Evaluate the university’s formative process to obtain scholarships granted by the University and receive backup to access those provided externally.
- Evaluate the university’s formative process and the development of their professors for their improvement and institutional strengthening..
- Punctually develop the activities established in the respective plans and programs and submit to the exams.
- Satisfy the requirements of assistance that the respective academic programs demand.
- Dedicate the maximum effort to the academic activities, with the purpose to achieve their comprehensive formation.
- Observe a conduct according the respect among the members of the university’s community and act in a way that their behavior is congruent with the Institution’s mission.
- Act with ethic and honesty in the academic activities.
- Respect the facilities and preserve the university’s heritage.
- Cover the quota set by the University’s General Council.
- Cover the terms in the University Legislation.
- Admission for first enrollment
- Level location
- Final in the opportunity
- Sufficiency title
- Studies recognition and academic grades obtaining
- Quantitative from 0 to 10 points, considering only fractions of .5 points
- Qualitative accredited or not accredited
The exams will sustain in the university’s enclosures. In the set periods so the director of the division of high school according with the academic calendar and the subject’s professor or the designated jury for the third opportunity.
- Attempt to be adequate to appreciate or value each one of the aspects wished to examine.
- Cover the contents of knowledge, skills, conducts, attitudes and corresponding values to the program.
- Observe the difficulty levels established in the respective programs.
- Explain the value that possesses each one of the parts that constitute them.
UNIVERSITY ATTORNEY OF THE ACADEMIC RIGHTS
Calzada de Guadalupe No. 40; Downtown; Guanajuato, Gto.
Phone. 01 (473) 73 24700, ext. 3011