Students from national and foreign higher education institutions that have a collaboration agreement with the University of Guanajuato, can take a semester or an academic year in our institution with credit recognition. Students that integrate under this modality pay enrollment and tuitions in their university of origin and do not pay any quota for those same concepts to the University of Guanajuato.
If you are interested in being an exchange student in the University of Guanajuato, please contact the exchange office in your institution.
- Receive an official postulation from the institution of origin indicating the full name and e-mail from the applicant. IT IS NOT REQUIRED TO PRINT THE FORMS TO FILL THEM NOR SEND RECORDS.
- The student will receive a Login and Password by e-mail to complete the electronic request at http://www.dca.ugto.mx
The destiny institution must send the postulation letter no later than:
October 1st for residencies that begin in following January
April 15th for residencies that begin in following August
- Student should pre-register the courses and attach a copy of the following documents in their electronic application:
- Official copy of the academic record.
- Proof of domain of the Spanish language in an intermediate level. Applies for students whose native language is not Spanish.
- Copy of the passport for foreign students or copy of the birth certificate for Mexican students.
- Portfolio. Only for students that apply for courses in the area of Arts and Music.
- The University of Guanajuato will send the acceptance letters to the destiny institution once the internal admission process is complete.
- Once the student is accepted, he or she should reach the city with a student visa and medical insurance with international coverage.
- In the agreements so agreed, the University of Guanajuato will grant support for lodging and food during the total time of the academic residence.
- At least four courses must be taken in the semester to be considered a full time student.
Department of Mobility and Internationalization – DCA
University of Guanajuato
Calle Alonso No. 12 Mesón de San Antonio
Guanajuato, Guanajuato MEXICO 36000
Phone: +52 473 73 25989
Fax: +52 473 73 51902