They are students that wish to study at the University of Guanajuato without an agreement with the origin institution. The free mover student must pay the corresponding enrollment quotas. At the end of the semester a constancy is issued with the obtained grades to be acknowledged by the University of Origin.
- Gather the following documents
- Academic record Original – Transcript
- Proof of knowledge of the Spanish language – Intermediate level
- Copy of the valid passport
- Portfolio. Only for students that request courses in the area of Arts and Music.
NOTE: Please do NOT send the printed file. These documents must be sent electronically as explained in step 4.
- Applicable costs:
Cost for academic program (several courses of the same semester in a same academic program):
Semiannual: $30,380.00 MXN (2014)
Trimonthly: $16,825.00 MXN (2014)
Cost by course
Semiannual: $7,845.00 MXN (2014)
Trimonthly: $4,335.00 MXN (2014)
Application fee: $2,000 MXN.
Cost by semiannual or trimonthly course: $1,155.00 MXN (2013)
Application fee: $800 MXN
- The student will receive a login and a password by e-mail to complete their postulation online at http://www.dca.ugto.mx no longer than a week after the postulation date.
- Students should pre-register the courses and attach a transcript for the following documents in the electronic application.
- Official transcript of the grades
- Proof of domain of the Spanish language in an intermediate level. Applies for students whose native language is not Spanish.
- Copy of the passport for foreign students; copy of the birth certificate for national students.
- Portfolio. Only applies for students that request courses in the area of Arts and Music.
Send the online application no longer than:
October 1st for residencies that begin following January
April 15th for residencies that begin following August
- Once the registry is received, personnel from the University of Guanajuato will send the original letter of acceptance to the applicant’s address.
- The student must request the student visa in the closest Mexico’s Consulate or Embassy.
- The payment of rights will be done when the student arrives the University of Guanajuato.